Men need to focus on their health as much as women do, yet it often gets overlooked. Now is the perfect time for men to take a closer look at what they need to address regarding men’s health and give Pilates a look at its many benefits.
“Far too often, men overlook taking care of their health because they are busy with work or have a mindset that they shouldn’t worry about such things,” Jennifer Scherer, certified personal trainer and owner of Fredericksburg Fitness Studio. “It’s time that they get serious about it to benefit from having better health and an improved overall sense of well-being.”
- The leading cause of death for men is heart disease, according to the Center for Disease Control. One in every four male deaths is related to heart disease. Plus, half of the men who suddenly died from coronary heart disease had no prior symptoms. It’s important to recognize this and understand how a healthy men’s health lifestyle can help prevent disease risk.
- Before the age of 50, men are more prone to hypertension than women are. Post-menopausal women, however, are at a higher risk. Stress and a poor diet can increase these odds. Finding stress-relieving activities is vital to reducing the risk of hypertension and eating a well-balanced healthful diet.
- Men are less likely to seek healthcare as opposed to women. According to the Cleveland Clinic, 20% of men have not been honest with their doctor before, 41% of men were told as children to not complain about their medical conditions, and only 50% engage in preventative care. Getting yearly check-ups is important to help prevent disease and improve men’s health.
- Prostate cancer affects one in nine men. According to the National Institutes of Health, prostate cancer is the most common cancer and the second leading cause of cancer death among men in the United States. It’s crucial that at-risk men are being screened for prostate cancer- especially considering men’s reluctance to seek preventative care.
- Mental health is one of the most stigmatized issues affecting men. The American Psychological Association reports that nearly 31% of men have suffered from depression. There’s a trend with men not wanting to talk about their feelings because it heightens vulnerability, leading to discomfort.
“This is a great time to start caring for your health, men,” adds Scherer. “While you are setting some goals and deciding what to include in your routine, we invite you to give Pilates a try. You will be surprised at how well it makes you feel!”
Pilates, which has been around for nearly 100 years, offers a therapeutic workout that can address various health issues. From improving sleep quality to improving overall fitness, the benefits are widespread and offer something for everyone. Pilates helps to improve overall health, strengthens the mind, body, and spirit connection, and provides a variety of physical benefits. These include improving mood, balance, flexibility, energy levels, core strength, bone strength, and reducing back pain and stress. It also helps with injury prevention.
Fredericksburg Fitness Studio is a private personal training studio that offers a range of services to improve health and wellness, including medical exercise, personal training, in-home medical training, virtual personal training, nutrition coaching, and a Pilates reformer program. All workouts on it are custom-tailored for the individual to address their physical fitness concerns. The Pilates Reformer program features a versatile machine that has been designed to provide resistance. It can be used with the person standing, sitting, or lying down.
Fredericksburg Fitness Studio doesn’t offer memberships as other gyms do. They offer private customized fitness programs that are available by appointment. Many people who go to the studio are referrals from physical therapists and doctors. The wellness professionals at the studio communicate with the medical teams to keep them up on patient progress. To learn more about Fredericksburg Fitness Studio, visit the site at: https://www.fburgfitness.com