Have you ever had a pounding headache? The feeling of a hammer gently tapping the inside of your head that slowly turns into a jackhammer pounding inside your head? It seems like everything starts to trigger the pain in your head. The slightest movement amplifies the pain, you become sensitive to light, background noise isn’t simply background anymore, and it feels like everything makes your head feel worse. You have a migraine; the king of all headaches.
A migraine is caused by constricted blood vessels and is no laughing matter. A migraine can throw a major curve ball into your day and affect your everyday activities. It can cause you to lose focus, inhibit your ability to rest and relax, decrease your productivity, and not to mention ruin your whole day. People often reach for over the counter medicine or ibuprofen to reduce their migraine. However, there are serious health concerns about what these products can do to your body. Also, since headaches can be reoccurring, a natural remedy is a healthier long-term option.
What causes migraines in the first place?
- Genetics. Unfortunately, migraines have been linked to genetics. If your parents have suffered from migraines in the past, you are more susceptible to migraines.
- Hormones. Hormones are also linked to migraines. Research indicates that when your hormones are imbalanced you are more likely to suffer a migraine. Also, there has been a link between women’s menstrual cycles and migraines. Research suggests that 10 to 20 percent of all women experience some sort of migraine during or around the time of their menstrual period.
- Allergies. Allergies and sensitivities to certain substances are another cause of migraines. A study conducted by Joseph Egger of the Hospital for Sick Children suggests that the percentage of migraines due to allergies is 93 percent.
- Food. Food sensitivity has recently been linked to migraines. Studies have shown that when sensitivity-causing foods can lead to migraines. However, the same study had results that showed when the sensitivity-causing foods were removed from the individual’s diet, migraines and migraine symptoms decreased. Symptoms for 88 migraine sufferers decreased when sensitivity-causing foods were eliminated from their diet. Each person is unique and sensitive to different foods, but a common sensitivity-causing food is gluten.
- Low mineral levels. Magnesium and copper levels are linked to migraines. A low magnesium or copper level reduces the body’s ability to metabolize serotonin and amines. Serotonin and amines help expand blood vessels.
- Emotional stress and depression. Stress, specifically emotional, and depression have been linked to migraines. As stress levels rise, your body’s immune system is weakened. During this time the occurrence of a migraine is more likely. Also, depression can increase your likelihood of a migraine. Depression is linked to hormones and as mentioned above an imbalance in your hormones increases your odds of getting a migraine.
From herbs to aromatherapy people have used several different natural ways to treat a migraines. This article is going to focus on Himalayan salt. Himalayan salt is made up of 84 different minerals and benefits your body in various different ways. Aside from being able to stop your headache or migraine it can boost your immune system, increase your energy, help alkalize your body, and balance your serotonin levels in your bloodstream.
The best part about the Himalayan salt remedy is that it is easy and fast acting. All you need to do is take some Himalayan salt crystals and grind them into a fine powder. Next, mix the powder with lemon juice and drink it! This simply remedy should help relieve your migraine almost instantly. The higher the concentration of salt to lemon juice the better or faster the remedy works. For starters I would start with one tablespoon of Himalayan salt (when crushed into powder not in crystal form) and four ounces of lemon juice. If you find that the remedy is too strong you can either add additional ounces of lemon juice or water (which will dilute the mixture some, but will minimize the taste for you). Try not to exceed eight ounces of fluid per tablespoon of Himalayan salt.
One thought on “How To Stop Migraines Instantly With Salt”
Have used this (for migraine reilef and prevention) for 15 mins every other day since i bought it 2 months ago and it has been pretty darn effective.It has reduced the frequency of nasty migraines from 1 a week to around 1 a month. At first sign of aura I have used this to eliminate 90% of migraines (i.e it stops the aura in its tracks) or to moderate the effects of any migraine where it doesn’t stop the aura.But design is crap: (1) On/off button easily nudged on if in a bag and kills battery. (2) a sliding switch (bit like a reostat) would be better to change intensity and pulse frequency (3) heaven knows why they chose such an obscure battery (no shops stock them a real pain when I was travelling in Asia last week as battery ran out). (4) design of mask is a bit girly purple! .would prefer it to be plain black (a serious point as i use it on trains and in office). Definately time for a product revamp.But, it works, costs tuppence ha’ppeny and has done more for my migraines than 10 years of cranial massage, accupuncture, chinese herbal medicine, elimination diets, yoga, triptans, aromatherapy and bucket loads of paracetamol and ibuprofen , all put together.